Villa El Inti has been restored from an biological perspective and is still maintained and operated ecologically today:
- The old lava stone walls have been retained as far as possible and carefully restored. The result is a very good indoor climate and air conditioning can be dispensed with.
- Facades and rooms were – and are – painted with silicate paint and whitewash.
- All the wood (larch) used on structural parts, was felled according to the phases of the moon in line with ancient methods of preserving timber, and imported to Lanzarote.
- Interior wood finishes are treated with linseed oil-
- All floors except kitchen, toilets and bibliary are made from natural stone.
- The hot water is produced by solar panels.
- The pool is also heated by its own solar heating system.
- We clean the swimming pool with active oxygen. Chlorine is never used.
- Drinking water is filtered using carbon-block filters. There is no need to buy plastic water bottles, the norm on Lanzarote, thereby avoiding pollution to the environment.
- Used water is purified by a biological sewage treatment plant and is then used to irrigate the lush gardens.